Prepare your bathtub for refinishing…
Helpful items to make the refinishing of your tub as smooth as possible:
• Remove shower curtain if one is used.
• Remove shampoo bottles and soap from the tub.
• Move items such as toilet brushes, etc. away from the tub.
• Clean the tub.
• If there isn’t a bathroom window I’ll need to run an exhaust hose from the bathroom to the nearest window to remove fumes while refinishing the tub.
• Check that the ceiling exhaust fan is working properly so you or I can leave it on after the tub is refinished.
• Make sure the faucet isn’t dripping water; I can’t refinish the tub if water is dripping.
• If you’re planning to replace the drain, that should be done before having the tub refinished.
• Your tub will need to dry for two days before using.
• Read the Tub Care Sheet as to how to clean and care for your tub.